Saturday, February 10, 2007

Different faces of Indian Cabbies

Woow... Indian Cabbie returned the missed out wallet worth around $6000 back to his passenger. Good to hear. Isn’t.. Ref: http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/feb/09cab.htm

In fact, I was so shocked when i got a call from Pune police station one day. I came to know that one auto driver has returned back my missed out wallet. Thankfully I have the habit of keeping my visiting card in my wallet. Though, it was Rs 750 in my wallet, still that auto driver was quite kind enough to give it back to the police station. I didn’t face any problem from the cops and i got all my belongings back. Appreciated their sincerity last time. Unfortunately, the auto driver didn’t give his contact number to cop and I couldn’t even thank him personally.

These are the good faces of our cabbies. Guess what... the rudeness of few other cabbies... Most of the times, if you are calling for auto, they simply refuse to come if it is less than 3 KMs. You should have seen the way they responded... F***ers. If you leave office after 9:00 PM forget abt taking auto, better not to ask anyone.. just go by walk; Coz they would ask for double charge, u know just after 9PM. The reason they always give - we wont get passenger on the way back. what the heck man... Surprisingly one fine day, other auto guy said yes. I and Sandy sat inside the auto and he drove for about 100-200 meters. I don’t know what he thought in his mind, he said he cant drive till our place and he asked us to get down from the auto in a stupid way. Sandy was in a bad mood and he started fighting with that guy. All of a sudden, the auto guy started abusing us in Marati. we asked him, speak in Hindi so that everyone could understand ( I could understand a bit :)) He replied in a very very rude way, "IF YOU ARE IN MAHARASTRA, SPEAK MARATHI. OTHERWISE LEAVE THIS STATE". If any body says about India like "Unity in Diversity" - tell them to F*** OFF and reply to him/her in other way - "Diversity in Unity"...

I have heard lot many things similar about Chennai Auto drivers. But when I was witnessed for an incident, I couldn’t even imagine... esp the way he talked. Is that not ridiculous. The reason i started hating Pune for the first point: the bitterest experience in local bus in my life time and subsequently a lot. But after this incident, i don’t really want to go back to Pune at any time. The same thing applies to Chennai also. Idiots... There is no respect for the ppl. How ppl are tolerating that? Probably, if I get a chance to get settled down there, then i might come to know :)

I always have upper hand to Blore Cabbies... that i never ever had bad experiences with them. In fact, I have met one guy who was 35+ provided me all possible bus numbers going on that way, frequency of the buses, the difference in bus rate and auto fare. He asked me that not to take auto unless there is a really need. I was having the option of 4 buses at the same time. I had to pay 35 bucks instead of just4:50. Blore cabbies are always great unless there is a mixture of Chennai cabbies. I am not just against Chennai cabbies, but that is the fact. So, guys... be very careful when you want to settle down in Pune or Chennai..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well written Vicky!!My passport has been stolen...wallet has been stolen....been duped and cheated countless times...

Even in India, as you have experienced, racism is rampant...And we complin of racism against us abroad ....and win publicity in turn..hehehe

vicky said...

Shiv, if you have been duped by somebody, I am nowhere then :)) he he...

I am not sure whether you noticed or not, I noticed that even ATM gatekeeper in Delhi shows that much difference to South Indians compared to others :(